This time GCP is joined by special guest Dan Nims, the chief investigator for the Washington chapter of MUFON. Dan is retired from the US Air Force (thank you for your service) where he started his career as a fighter pilot and test pilot, followed by advancing to Director of Test for the F-22 program and finally Director of Test Resources. He spent his initial retirement years as a small businessman in Walla Walla and is now re-retired. He has been a member of MUFON since 2017 and Chief Investigator since 2018. He handles on average 200 reported UFO cases per year. MUFON is an all-volunteer, non-profit 501(c)3 charitable corporation and the world's oldest and largest civilian UFO investigation & research organization. Their goal is to be the inquisitive minds' refuge seeking answers to that most ancient question, "Are we alone in the universe?" The Washington Chapter hosts a monthly lecture series on Zoom where anyone can ask questions and hear how MUFON of Washington State handles UFO cases.
00:01 – The guys give their condolences to Kris Brannon’s, “The Sonics Guy”, family, Dan explains what MUFON is, and how it got started. He talks about MUFON’s three primary functions, what is involved with a MUFON investigation, and ways they gather information outside of a witness’s statement. He shares what his favorite investigation was, the amount of cases that are reported yearly to MUFON, and how he got started with the organization.
21:29 – Dan talks about the first Man in Black sighting that was actually here is Washington, shares that the MUFON Symposium’s are open to the public, and info on the one scheduled for 2021 in Las Vegas. He talks about the advantages and disadvantages of UFO events being held virtually due to Covid, his most unbelievable investigation that ended up as a hoax, and dives deeper into how MUFON is funded.
43:06 – Dan talks about meeting Bob Lazar at a UFO conference, the most frustrating aspects of investigations, and shares the Pink Ring story. He tells the story of the donut UFO that happened over the summer of 2020, reflects on the night testing he did as a test pilot in the Air Force, and gives Brogan a suggestion for a classic UFO pic to hang in his business. Dan talks about one of his recent fun cases and where he feels Washington is in terms of number of UFS sightings.
69:38 – Dan talks about where high numbers of UFO sightings have happened around the country, why the government has a great interest in UFO’s, and the most interesting things that’s happened recently in the UFO world. He shares where people can find more information about MUFON online, webinars they hold monthly, and how people can get involved. They close the show out talking about what to discuss the next time Dan’s in and listener cnote sharing his own UFO experience.
Thanks Dan for taking the time out of your day for an informative conversation on MUFON and UFO's!Support The Grit City Podcast
- Loss of Kris Brannon, aka ‘Sonics Guy' - Seattle Times — The loss of Kris Brannon, aka ‘Sonics Guy,’ leaves big hole in Seattle sports fandom.
- MUFON Webstie — MUFON® is an all-volunteer, non-profit 501(c)3 charitable corporation and the world's oldest and largest civilian UFO investigation & research organization.
- Bob Lazar: Area 51 & Flying Saucers on Netflix — Decades ago, Bob Lazar blew the whistle on Area 51. Now he’s back to explain the alien tech he worked with, and the government's war to shut him up.
- Official WA State MUFON — Join MUFON of Washington State's February Lecture: 'Making Contact' With Rob Freeman, The UFO World Explorer.
- #grit-city-podcast on Discord — General open channel for Grit City Podcast related conversation. Fans, crew, guests! Everyone is invited.