Justin and Scott BS on this episode about great places around Tacoma back in the day, events happening in the area, and upcoming GCP guests.
01:36 – Robo Brogan joins the podcast, Justin talks about the haps at Cosmic Bottles during the Super Bowl, and gives a shout-out to Ivers. He talks about the varying levels of sushi places in Tacoma and the new t-shirts they got in. He talks about his venture to check out KVLT Mead, plans to get past guests back on the show, and what the guys with Chasing Ghosts has been up to. Scott share's what he's been up to, Justin talks about his past Puyallup bar crawls, and Scott explains the type of bar CaskCades is.
21:50 – Justin dives deeper into his recent visit to KVLT Mead, he and Scott talk about their past experiences with mead, and Justin talks about the ones he liked the most at KVLT. Scott talks about the pirate group in Tacoma, Justin suggests that they have pirates on the podcast, and the recent robbery at Mary Mart. He talks about the sale of Narrows Plaza Bowl, the alehouse across from it, and the drive-in that used to be behind B&I in Tacoma. He talks about going to B&I when they had Ivan the gorilla, what he's doing for Valentine's Day, and what's on the Valentine Course at Bar Bistro.
47:03 – Scott talks about the newest BBQ place he's found in Seattle, the fantastic meatloaf they have, and Justin talks about the delicious smoked meatloaf he's made. Justin reflects on another great past restaurant in Tacoma, Pizza and Pipes, other restaurants in the same spot after it closed, and they talk about the recent car that crashed into a Sizzler. Scott talks about the hilarious Mount Saint Helens on Twitter, why he hates driving, and Justin talks about Brogan's last visit to a Sizzler. Scott talks about his disappointment with The Outback Steakhouse, and fundraiser ideas for Mary Mart.
65:12 – They talk about planning to attend the upcoming Point Defiance Party for Polar bears, Fat Zach's pizza being there as well, and Scott talks about going to see Soulfly the following weekend. Justin talks about wanting to check out Little Radio, his excitement for podcasts coming up, and closes out this episode talking about the passing of the chef at Unique Bakery.Support The Grit City Podcast
- Ivar's — Ivar’s calls the Pacific Northwest home
- Chasing Ghosts, Ghost Chasers, Ghosts, Ghost Stories, Ghost Hunting — Chasing Ghosts. On Scooters. In Bars. Our meandering stories about ghosts, bars, and scooters. Sure, it's an odd combo, but trust us on this, it all makes sense.
- 2 men steal cash during armed robbery at Tacoma pot shop — Shot fired during armed robbery at Tacoma pot shop Thursday, police say
- Apartment complex to replace University Place bowling center
- Ivan the Gorilla is moved to a cage at the B&I Circus Store in Lakewood on March 4, 1967. - HistoryLink.org
- Bar Bistro Tacoma — Bar Bistro proudly serves intriguing New American Cuisine, fusing northwest favorites with multi-cultural culinary methods.
- Raney's Bar and Grill — The Raney family: Paul, Barbara & Tom, bring a fresh take on Northwest style BBQ and luscious burgers.
- Car crashes into Lakewood restaurant; police investigating - Tacoma News Tribune — Car crashes through windows of Lakewood restaurant, driver leaves scene
- Allison Needles visit with GCP — Allison Needles from the Tacoma News Tribune
- Party for Polar Bears 2022! — Party for Polar Bears is back again this year and is just as exciting as ever! Dystopian State Brewing will be hosting us starting at 5pm, with 50 cents of every beverage will go toward our cause! This is a public and family friendly event!
- Unique Bakery on Facebook — Family-owned French Pastry bakery. Veteran owned.
- Little Radio (Tacoma, WA) — Located in the heart of downtown Tacoma's historic "Whiskey Row", Little Radio brings a nostalgic touch to the restaurant landscape of Pacific and 8th.