Grit City Podcast: Hangout - Sunburns and Pickleball
July 4th, 2022
47 mins 34 secs
About this Episode
01:19 – Jeff shares the safe word of the day, Justin gives a shout-out to Eric, and talks about their plans to be at the Grit City Comic Show this fall. Jeff talks about the Blunt The River event in Yakima, Scott talks about how long it’s been since he floated, and Justin talks about his past yearly floating. Scott reflects on past float events in Nevada, and Justin shares cautionary tales of getting sunburnt.
12:07 – Justin continues his story of alarming sunburn number one, Jeff talks about his nightmare sunburn, and Justin shares where they ordered lunch from. He shares his second cautionary story, the fact that even under an umbrella, you can get a sunburn, and explains what sand is made of.
24:11 – Justin talks about the natural defense animals have, Scott recommends the guys watch Loudermilk, and Justin talks about the types of tubes he buys to go tubing. Scott discusses the kinds of tubes he’s floated in, the snow in Northern Nevada, and they talk about the moderate temperatures this summer in the PNW.
35:23 – Justin explains how a pickleback can help defuse the taste of whiskey, asks the guys what they think about Pickleball, and shares that the sport was invented on Bainbridge Island. He talks about it becoming the official sport of Washington, they talk about nude Pickleball becoming popular, and Justin talks about his visit to a nude beach.Support The Grit City Podcast
- Blunt The River on Facebook
- Order Tacoma Burger Company — Wondering what's popular here at this morning go-to? Users love the John Elway Burrito, which is one of the most ordered items on the menu, as well as the Build Your Own Burrito and the The Ring Of Fire Burrito, which are two of the items most commonly ordered together. • Burgers • American • Salads • Healthy
- Where Does The Sand On Our Beaches Come From? — Most beach sand is made up of quartz, “silicon dioxide, natural glass”
- Is Pickle Juice Good for You? — Is pickle juice good for you? It can be!
- Loudermilk (TV Series 2017– ) - IMDb
- Nude Pickleball Is Taking Off — Naturist resorts from coast to coast are finding out that nudists want more pickleball – just like the majority of people who don’t do their dinking in the raw.
- How Did Pickle-Ball Get Started? — Pickle-Ball—a sport played around the world—was invented on a rainy Bainbridge Island summer day in 1965. Despite the name, the game has nothing to do with dill or gherkins.
- Pickleball becomes Washington's official state sport — On March 28, 2022, Washington Gov. Jay Inslee signs legislation establishing pickleball as the official state sport of Washington.
- Buy Pickles Online | Suckerpunch Gourmet
- Bubbies | Home