Local comedian Casey McLain sits down with the guys on this episode to talk comedy, podcasting, and The Pacific Northwest. Casey is a PNW comedian and podcaster. Follow him on his socials for information on his upcoming performances!
01:19 – Justin kicks off the show by sharing how listeners can tune into live recordings of the show, introduces Casey, and Casey talks about the demographics of his pet t-shirt sales. Justin talks about having stream accounts both of his cats, how he follows other Justin Robinsons on Twitter, and Casey shares how the Covid Pandemic impacted him when it started. He talks about how he was able to share comedy during the pandemic and the difficulty it is now to get back into theaters post Covid.
17:38 – Justin reflects on his and Scott's trip to Spokane, Casey talks about getting booked on the GCP comedy shows back in the day, and one of the worst gigs he did at O'Malleys in Tacoma. He talks about getting paid in drinks, shares a story about an experience at the Lusty Lady back in the day, and Scott talks about the recent tech layoffs. Casey talks about how common it is to get bumped in comedy, Justin shares his love of being interactive with comedians behind the stage, and Casey talks about recording the show at Summit City in Indiana.
35:50 – Justin expresses how he loves comedy even if he disagrees with what they may be saying, Casey shares the wisdom of Joe Rogan, and Justin talksa about how upset people were at GCP for interviewing Flat Earther Mark Sargent. He shares the aspect he loves about podcasting, Casey talks about the evolution of his sports podcast, and they discuss what it's like to be around multiple comics. Casey talks about the sports teams he likes to follow, growing up in the area, and how Tacoma has changed over the years.
51:30 – Casey shares his love of the diversity in Tacoma, Justin talks about the areas in Tacoma he's lived, and the different types of fantastic food in the area. He explains what line dancing is, Casey reflects on the Big Whiskey Saloon in Tacoma back in the day, and gives recommendations for people visiting Tacoma to try. Justin talks about his love of The Parkway Tavern, Casey talks about his favorite place in Tacoma for breakfast, and talks about his special coming out soon.
Thanks, Casey, for stopping in to say hi and talk about what's going on in the comedy world!Support The Grit City Podcast
- Casey McLain | Facebook — Watch Baby Wait EP: Comedy Special?
- Poor Sports: Sports and Comedy Podcast - YouTube — Poor Sports: Sports and Comedy Podcast
- Road Hacks Golf - YouTube — Road Hacks Golf
- Casey McLain - YouTube — Casey McLain formally releases his first material, a story about having a child, fatherhood, trying to get pregnant, and how parenthood impacts your life, positively and negatively
- Casey McLain (@thecaseymclain) | TikTok
- Casey McLain (@thecaseymclain) • Instagram photos and videos — Stand up comic. Nobody Likes Casey McLain wherever you get podcasts. Host/aspiring YouTube golfer @roadhacksgolf.
- Casey McLain (@TheCaseyMcLain) / Twitter — Stand up comic. Nobody Likes Casey McLain Podcast. Baby Wait EP on YouTube. Jokes are not opinions.
- Fierce County Cider (@FierceCider) / Twitter