This time, they talk about Scott’s recent trip to Nevada, farmers markets in the area, places Justin grew up, and Is It Tacoma!
01:55 – Justin shares how listeners can join them while recording live, Scott talks about calling into the last show from The Beatle’s LOVE show in Vegas, and his review of flying into the Vegas airport. He talks about driving around Area 51, passing the Alien Cat House, and hitting up The Clown Motel in Tonopah. Justin discusses with Scott the probability he would stay in a room at the hotel, Scott suggests Justin goes to the Gathering of the Juggalos, and explains the difference between a Hotel and a Motel.
18:16 – Scott talks about the wild burros in southern Nevada, them being protected in the Red Rock Canyon, and the delicious Fritos he had for the drive. Justin debates if he could take on a burro, gives a shout-out to Tacoma Tool Library, and one to the band The GREEZiES. He talks about the new menu at The Church Cantina and his and his wife’s trip to Pickles Deli.
36:48 – Justin talks about enjoying tasty popcorn at the East Side Farmers Market, hustling at the farmers market back in the day, and Derrick talks about living the 90’s dream. He shares where he’s found Absinthe, Justin talks about the different places he lived as a kid, and precisely how many locations he lived at before he was 18.
54:22 – They discuss if they would let people that lived in their house before tour it, and kicks off the game Is It Tacoma. He reads through each news article, the guys analyze and give their best guess on what one happened in the area, and Justin reveals the correct answer. They close out the episode by making plans to record at the studio.Support The Grit City Podcast
- THE CLOWN MOTEL, TONOPAH
- Goldfield Hotel - Wikipedia — The Goldfield Hotel is a historic four-story building located at the southeast corner of Crook Avenue (U.S. 95) and Columbia Avenue in Goldfield, Esmeralda County, Nevada. Designed in the Classical Revival style of architecture by Reno architects Morrill J. Curtis (1848–1921) and George E.
- Tacoma Tool Library – Do it yourself…together. — We’re just like a regular library, but with tools instead of books.
- THE GREEZiES | Instagram, Facebook | Linktree — Psychedelic Garage Rock
- The Church Cantina | Tacoma WA | Facebook
- The Hub Gig Harbor — The Hub Gig Harbor is your local source for satisfying and delicious homemade meals, seven days a week.
- Pickles Deli of Whidbey Island | Clinton WA | Facebook — Pickles Deli is a fun place to get delicious sandwiches, soups and salads made with local sustainabl
- Eastside Market | Tacoma Farmers Market | — This vibrant community market offers an abundant selection of the freshest fruits, vegetables, flowers, honey, processed foods.
- RCF Exteriors — Cut Wood. Not Corners.
- Mukilteo police looking for stolen go-kart with toilet on it – KIRO 7 News Seattle — Detectives with the Mukilteo Police Department are on the lookout for a unique-looking go-kart that was stolen Saturday night.
- Military aircraft training in Lakewood shot at by man | Tacoma News Tribune — A felon posing as a “peace officer” Wednesday evening at American Lake — complete with a badge, handcuffs and gun — fired gunshots at two military helicopters from Joint Base Lewis-McChord, according to charging documents.
- Toddler tells deputies where to find fugitive hiding in home