The time has arrived!!! They recorded this episode during the first annual GCP Putt Stuff at Parkland Putters. This episode also has a bonus episode at the end where they coincidently run into Miss Washington USA while enjoying the after-party.
00:41 – Derek kicks off this episode by announcing the news that it’s finally time for Putt Stuff, Justin talks about how long the idea has been out there, and they talk about the prizes they have to offer the players. Jeff goes through the various GCP certificates he made, Justin reflects on Scott’s infamous accident, and gives props to his wife for making the amazing trophy.
13:50 – Justin welcomes Not-Derek, the GCP sports guy Erik. Erik talks about prepping for the event, and talks about plans to do Unleashed at The Stadium next month. Scott shares what’s in the gift bag that was put together for each player. Erik shares his expectations for the event and Scott talks about the new GCP shirts they picked up from Shroom Brothers.
25:09 – Cnote scores a whole in one, Derek one as well, and Justin gives reviews from the back nine. They talk about the holes they topped out at, Michelle shares her secret to scoring, and players share how they ended up on hole six. Justin talks about his love of the course, Jeff talks about his golf style, and gave his thoughts on the front nine.
37:57 – Justin reflects on winning the classic trophy back in the day, thanks everyone for attending, and announces the winners of the certificates. Derek announces the ranking of the teams and Miss Washington USA talks about what brought her to Tacoma that day. She shares the amazing work Adorned Bridal Affordable Bridal Fashion does to fight human trafficking and other charities she volunteers for.Support The Grit City Podcast
- Parkland Putters
- Unleashed at Stadium Bowl — TO BUILD CHARACTER, CONNECTION, AND COMMUNITY
- Shroom Brothers
- The Coaster — Fair themed cocktail bar in downtown Puyallup! Offering small bites and shareable boards.
- Cajun Seafood In Tacoma | The Captain Crab | Lakewood — The Captain Crab is a family-owned restaurant that serves Cajun seafood boil.
- Adorned Bridal Affordable Bridal Fashion Fighting Exploitation — We are a nonprofit bridal and formalwear boutique here to help you find a great deal on your dream wedding dress and make a difference in the fight against human trafficking!
- Samantha Gallia, DDS (@drsamanthagallia) • Instagram
- Sound of Freedom (2023) - IMDb — The incredible true story of a former government agent turned vigilante who embarks on a dangerous mission to rescue hundreds of children from sex traffickers.
- Compassion Washington — Compassion Washington envisions communities where people are transformed by the Gospel of Jesus Christ, living healthy lives free from the risk of exploitation.
- Miss Washington USA