On this episode, the crew chats about the upcoming Grit City Comic Show, Oculus and gaming, Chicago-style pizza, hot Tacoma news, and new bonus material.
01:06 – Justin wishes Derek and his wife a happy anniversary, shares upcoming New Years plans, and discusses the reboot of the group Oculus get-together. Justin announces the new bonus Patreon podcast, confirms plans for the Grit City Comic Show after party at the Camp Bar, and the Saturday Night shenanigans.
15:51 – Justin shares what song his wife chose for karaoke at the party, the crazy traffic in Tacoma the same night, and Scott talks about the Roller Derby GCP date. He gives a shot out to Erik’s dad, they talk about the different women’s sports in the area, and Justin shares what listeners can find on Discord. Jeffs talks about his new Oculus, the problem that he’s found with it, and the impact one dead pixel can have on the experience.
31:38 – Jeff explains the various things you can do in the VR world, Justin expresses the need for cross-platform experiences in VR, and updates in the GCP meta world. Jeff talks about the big blockers with the VR environment, Justin talks about needing the full submersion experience, and gives a shout-out to Green PC.
47:12 – Justin recommends listeners try Chicago Style Pizza, where people can find Chi Town Pizza, and places in the area he’s lived. He talks about the recent Fishing Wars Memorial Bridge news, the impact the closure of it will have on traffic, and closes out this episode talking about bonus material for live listeners and Patrons.Support The Grit City Podcast
- House of Cannabis | Tacoma's Locally Owned, Veteran Owned Dispensary / Weed Store House of Cannabis — Home - House of Cannabis | Tacoma's Locally Owned, Veteran Owned Dispensary / Weed Store
- RCF Exteriors — Cut Wood. Not Corners.
- Green PC: Sales, Repair, and Recycling Services in Tacoma — Welcome to our one-stop shop for all your computer-related needs. We pride ourselves on being a comprehensive destination that caters to every aspect of computer related services.
- Chi Town Pizza - CHI TOWN PIZZA — Welcome to Chi-Town Pizza, Tacoma's home for authentic Chicago style deep-dish pizza, pasta, wings, and more. Established in 2022, our restaurant is dedicated to bringing you the rich flavors and warm hospitality of Chicago right here in the heart of Tacoma, Washington.
- SIDE PIECE KITCHEN — We are now OFFICIALLY OPEN at our new brick and mortar location!
- Tacoma closes Fishing Wars Memorial Bridge after federal recommendation | The Seattle Times — Tacoma has closed its 96-year-old Fishing Wars Memorial Bridge, which carries 15,000 vehicles per day over the Puyallup River, after a federal audit raised safety questions about the structure’s steel beams.