On this episode the crew discusses Black Friday, Is It Tacoma, AI Wild West, OpenAI, and Chucky Cheese getting rid of their animatronics.
01:50 – Erik pops in on this episode, the guys talk about Black Friday shopping, and Justin explains what Small Business Saturday is. Jeff shares what his wife will have for sale during the event, Justin shares the new cat tree he bought during the Black Friday sale, and each share what they enjoyed for Thanksgiving dinner. Justin talks about doing a pickle brine on his turkey and his excitement of having turkey sandwiches in the upcoming week.
21:52 – Justin talks about putting up the Christmas lights, his plans of leaving the outdoor lights up all year long moving forward, and the KiaBoyz trend on TikTok. He talks about KiaBoyz incidents in Tacoma, the group causing school lockdowns, and Scott discusses the enternment value behind taking public transportation.
42:22 – Justin kicks off Is It Tacoma, introduces the contestants, and reads each of the articles. The guys each guess which article they think is based in Tacoma, Justin reveals which one is the correct article, and shares where the other articles are from. Scott talks about the history of photography, Jeff ponders on how AI will be accepted as an art form, and Juston proposes GCP AI.
66:45 – Scott talks about the recent news of the rehire of OpenAI’s CEO, Justin talks about the CEO also getting hired by Microsoft, and what lead the board of OpenAI to let him go. Jeff expresses his excitement of using AI as a tool, ways that it could be used, and Derek explains the idea behind the game Five Nights at Freddy's.Support The Grit City Podcast
- RCF Exteriors — Bring in that natural light. Whether you want a bay or garden window, single hung or half slider, we‘ve got you covered
- Seattle park restoration complete after destructive rampage with stolen excavator | KOMO — Crews from the Seattle Parks and Recreation have repaired an area of Dr. Jose Rizal Park that was torn up by a man who ripped out part of the hillside with an excavator.
- Wild moment three Vietnamese men gambling in Tacoma Washington garage overpower two armed robbers trying to stick up their game | Daily Mail Online — This is the wild moment three Vietnamese men gambling fight off two armed robbers who interrupted their card game in an attempted stick-up.
- Formerly homeless family of 8 in Bellingham moves into new house just in time for the holidays | king5.com — The family says they are so grateful for the new roof over their heads and the kindness of strangers who helped make it possible.
- Meet the 25-Year-Old AI Model Earning up to $11,000 a Month — A Spanish modeling agency said it's created the country's first AI influencer, who can earn up to 10,000 euros, or $11,000, a month as a model.
- The show is over for Chuck E. Cheese’s animatronic bands – NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth — North Texas-based Chuck E. Cheese is lowering the final curtain on its iconic animatronic band.
- Channel 5 - San Francisco Streets - YouTube