This time the crew chats about soccer, a correction to a local restaurant, frustration with Kia Boys, upcoming guests, and gives a tribute to Clownvis Presley.
00:00 – The episode kicks off debating the significance of mentioning when they experience echoes while recording, Justin shares how people can listen to them live, and talks about The Tacoma Light Trail. He shares the different events that happen during the festival, Erik joins them live from the Tacoma Double Header Soccer game, and Justin issues a correction and open invite to Side Piece Kitchen.
17:49 – Justin expresses that GCP is a Juggalo-inclusive place, shares what’s on the Side Piece Kitchen menu, and Scott talks about Kia Boys making national news. He talks about Kia’s selling like crazy right now, they talk about interest rates being currently high, and Scott encourages Justin to join him on the train ride into Seattle.
35:51 – Jeff encourages the OG to step in and give the Kia Boys a reality check on where may be headed, Scott talks about the MLM scheme behind criminal gangs, and gives a shout-out to Nicks Handmade Boots. Justin affirms he’s a blue-collar creative, gives props to StreetBeefs Scrapyard, and reflects on one of his fave dive bars from the past.
52:25 – Justin talks about the new sports bar The Penalty Box opening in Lakewood, Scott expresses his love of Justin's transformation, and Justin talks about their upcoming guests. He expresses his love of freeze-dried Milk Duds, Scott talks about things in the works with Galactic Druid Treats, and Justin talks about the other guests they’ll be talking to soon.Support The Grit City Podcast
- The Grit City Podcast: GCP: Friday Night Hangout - Goodbye 2022! ~ Tacoma Light Trail — On this special episode, Justin first converses with Cheryl Rux, local artist and art coordinator from the Tacoma Light Trail.
- TACOMA LIGHT TRAIL – Light art downtown. — A free winter festival of light art in downtown Tacoma. Outdoor performances. Dragon Parades. Lumens concerts, Lighted Bike Ride and more.
- Tacoma Galaxy - Tacoma Stars
- BRUNCHIN' IN TACOMA | SIDE PIECE KITCHEN — GETTIN' BAKED SINCE 2022 JOIN US AT OUR BRICK AND MORTAR 4704 s oakes st | tacoma wa
- Parents concerned about their children's safety after latest 'Kia Boyz' incident near Tacoma middle school | king5.com
- Nicks Handmade Boots - Best Work Boots for Men and Women
- RCF Exteriors
- The Grit City Podcast: Streetbeefs Scrapyard — This time, the guys get the chance to talk with Steve Hagara, founder of Streetbeefs Scrapyard.
- Galactic Druid Treats | Facebook
- Don't Be a Bitch (Or You Won't Get Stuff for Christmas) - Clownvis Presley - YouTube