On this episode, the guys talk about the Tacoma business closures and new ones opening, the rocking New Year's Eve party, Erik chats about sports, and they close out discussing Missed Connections.
00:14 – Justin enters the fun house version of this Willy Wonka episode, talks about going through technical difficulties, and Derek talks about getting back into podcast editing. Justin talks about the GCP fan art from Suzanne Akerman, Jeff shares his feelings about otters, and Justin talks about the recent closure of the local Tacoma brewery Odd Otter.
16:27 – Justin talks about the recent opening of Berliner Beerhall, how long they’ve been working on opening, and Scott talks about his great experience there recently. Justin talks about scooter rentals no longer being available in Tacoma, the passing of Jewless Jerry, and Jeff talks about the New Year's Eve Karaoke Mosh Pit.
34:54 – Erik talks about a local Tacoma boxer representing the USA in the Olympics happening in Paris, meeting him at the Unleashed Stadium Bowl, and they make plans to have the MMA guys back on future podcasts. Jeff talks about holding Missy Franklin’s gold medal, what it was like to hold it, and Justin dives into Tacoma’s Missed Connections.
50:10 – The guys discuss the type of person that was behind the Regal Movie Theater missed connections, the types of people that post on Craigslist, and other misconnection socials out there today. Jeff ponders on whether these types of people also like Breakfast at Tiffany’s, hopes that these posts are consensual, and Scott guesses how many women he thinks post on Craigslist.Support The Grit City Podcast
- In Otter News | Facebook — The life and times of Steve the Otter.
- The Grit City Podcast - Suzanne Akerman — Suzanne Akerman spends her days sharing her passion for animals with visitors at Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium where she works as a staff biologist for the Wild Wonders Outdoor Theater
- Odd Otter Brewing Company | Tacoma WA | Facebook — The very LAST "Hump-Day Trivia" at Odd Otter Brewing Company is TOMORROW, 6:30-8:30pm. THANKS for nine plus years of FUN.
- The Mill by J+A | Facebook — Well Tacoma, we tried. We worked endless hours, we sweat, we bled, we cried, we changed, we pivoted. But most of all, we sunk every last dime we had into it. Sadly, it wasn’t enough. We have had many hard, emotional conversations in recent days and the decision has been made that The Mill by Jack + Adeline will be no more.
- Jack + Adeline, LLC | Wine | Events | Custom Furniture | Tacoma, WA
- The Berliner Beerhall - Brewpub in Tacoma, WA
- We heard some bad news about Jawless Jerry. This video was taken on December 20th on the south end of Hilltop. Earlier today, the admin… | Instagram — Unfortunately that coyote that we have been trying to trap for months that was missing his/her upper jaw, was hit on the exit ramp of I-5 & 38th st. and killed.
- Tacoma boxer qualifies to represent Team USA at 2024 Olympics | king5.com — In a small Spanaway garage, an Olympian is being forged.
- STARS TO FIELD USL2 TEAM THIS SEASON - Tacoma Stars — TACOMA, Wash. - Today the USL announced that Tacoma Stars will begin play in USL League Two in 2024. The club already participates in a professional indoor league, and is partnering with Washington Premier FC for technical staff and outdoor training facilities.
- HALF PRICE BOOKS CUTE BLONDE IN GOLD SUV PARKED NEXT TO ME - missed connections - craigslist — I heard your name when you were talking to the cashier. I wanted to talk to you but got stage fright.
- brunette at 7/11 - missed connections - craigslist
- Looking for the husky black guy at the Home Depot spanaway - missed connections - craigslist
- Safeway gas pump - missed connections - craigslist
- Nordstrom Rack - Tacoma - missed connections - craigslist