On this episode Justin, Scott, and Jeff talk about what they’ve been up to lately, local haps around Tacoma, and Brogan joins the conversation towards the end of the show. Special guest James reads his first GCP Blog at the end of the episode, The Harbor.
01:58 – The guys reflect on the past week’s episode, Justin gives props to Buddy Boy Farms, and talks about getting his first Covid shot. He talks about his hopes for getting together with friends this year, how listeners can tune into GCP live, and how PNW traffic has been picking up lately. Scott talks about the new bus lines that have opened in Seattle, Jeff questions whether that is going to last, and they talk about the uptick in Covid cases. Jeff talks about the dark energies on the land we live on, Justin gives a shout out to their listener James, and his blog The Harbor.
24:58 – Justin talks about the amazing food he got while visiting Sig Brewing, how Dirty Oscars is doing during Covid, and Jeff talks about where he has been out to eat lately. He talks about pressure washing his house, Justin talks about Jeff raging about his neighbors calling him out on his music being too loud, and Scott reflects on listening to himself raging on past episodes. Jeff shares the newest idea on GCP t-shirts, Justin tells listeners where they can send pictures of their pets, and the plans for GCP to attend PNW conventions.
45:57 – They reflect on their past Norwescon visits, how much they miss the parties that happen during the convention, and Jeff talks about the reboot movie of Electra Woman and Dyna Girl. He shares how he is working the Virtual Reality kinks out , Justin talks about The Tacoma Smelter Plume project, and they throw out ideas of other people they could have on the podcast. Justin shares the article from Tacoma News Tribune on Russell Wilson, talks about The Queen’s Gambit, and how he got started with Magic Cards.
69:06 – Justin brings up the Satanic Panic, they make plans to go on haunted tours, and Justin shares where he and his wife will be going for their anniversary. He and Scott talk about their plans to visit the Clown Motel in Tonopah, Scott talks about places he has stayed around Nevada, and Brogan jumps in to talking about how everything has been since the recent opening of Cosmic Bottles. The show closes out with their friend James reading his blog “The Harbor”.Support The Grit City Podcast
- Tacoma Smelter — For almost 100 years, the Asarco Company operated a copper smelter in Tacoma.
- Sig Brewing Company — FERMENTATION | FOOD | PASSION
- Russell Wilson, Seahawks begin girls flag-football in Tacoma | Tacoma News Tribune — Russell Wilson, Seahawks start state’s 1st high school girls flag-football league in Tacoma
- Manresa Castle, Port Townsend, Washington — There are reports that hotel rooms 302, 304 and 306 are frequented by two resident ghosts.
- Russian River Brewing - Award Winning Beers in the Bay Area — Russian River Brewing Company was established in 1997 by Korbel Champagne Cellars among the majestic redwoods in West Sonoma County.