Art on the Ave 2022 Recap
July 18th, 2022
1 hr 42 mins 49 secs
About this Episode
Jeff, Justin, and Scott chat about their recent visit to Art on the Ave and the fantastic things they found there.
00:06 – Justin kicks off the podcast with a GCP check-in at The Redd Dog, the new things happening on Discord, and Jeff talks about a friend’s classroom at a local elementary on the east side catching fire. He talks about the amazing work his friend does for the students, the ways people can support her, and Scott shares his recent visit to the Karpeles Manuscript Library Museum in Tacoma. He talks about also visiting the W. W. Seymour Botanical Conservatory, Justin brings up the wildfire in California, and the Lincoln District Food Walk.
25:38 – They reflect on the last time they visited Art on the Ave, their chauffeur service during this year's Art on the Ave event, and give props to Scott for his fantastic parenting skills. They talk about the different food trucks there, Justin plays a snippet of a band they saw there, and reflects on their visit to Mary Mart. They talk about their favorite Buddy Boy Farms items, Justin talks about their visit to the Hippie House, and the adorable dog there.
50:08 – Justin talks about how purchasing drinks at The Redd Dog work, Scott talks about the different types of beer he tried there, and the hard mango kombucha he had. They talk about the process for ordering food there, their visit to The Triple Knock, and Justin talks about turning into Tommy the Pinball Wizard while there. He makes plans to host a pinball VR championship, gives a shout-out to Katy White Art, and his new addition to the rainbow room.
76:33 – Justin suggests Tacompton Files adds a bingo card for the crowbar, seeing Freddy Krueger there, and gives a shout-out to Shakabrah Java. Jeff shares his love of the businesses on 6th Ave, the Sonic Guy mural there, and he and Scott give their reviews of Justin's Fireball-soaked smoked pineapple. Justin discusses plans to host a GCP Bar Olympics, ax throwing in Tacoma, and closes out this episode sharing how people can find more information on GCP online.Support The Grit City Podcast
- The Redd Dog | Facebook — The Redd Dog offers a 24+ tap, self-serve tap wall that provides a wide variety of craft beer, cider, and wine.
- The Redd Dog
- Amazon.com — This year on July 5th someone broke the window of my classroom and threw a firework in, setting my classroom on fire.
- Karpeles Manuscript Library Museum - Facebook — Come and visit 1 of 13 national museums that house the largest private manuscript collection in the country
- Lincoln District Food Walk | Facebook — We’re closing down Yakima Ave in the heart of Lincoln District, Tacoma and filling the street with street food, music, and fun!
- The Hippie House | Facebook — Tacoma head shop: FUNCTIONAL LOCAL GLASS ART!!!
- The Triple Knock | Facebook
- Home - My website — Check out our store with great products for very reasonable prices!
- Shakabrah Java | Voted the Best Breakfast in Tacoma! — Shakabrah Java is famous for the best and biggest breakfasts in Tacoma and the Puget Sound.
- 'Omnipresent' Sonics Guy and his message live on in mural on Tacoma's Sixth Avenue | KNKX Public Radio — This year was hard. It was made harder with the news that we lost a Tacoma great: Kris Brannon, also known as Sonics Guy. But this story isn't sad. It's a celebration of someone who made Tacoma, well, Tacoma. And I think that's just what we needed. — Kari Plog on why this was a favorite story of 2021
- Axe Throwing - Bullseye Lane — Family friendly for ages 8 and up. Perfect for any date night, birthday, group outing, party, corporate adventure, or just to have fun!