GCP: Saturday Night Grit - Wocka, Wocka!
September 12th, 2022
1 hr 11 mins 54 secs
About this Episode
On this Saturday Night Grit, Jeff, Justin, and Scott talk about the upcoming Grit City Comic Show, Justin’s continuing werewolf movie project, upcoming guests, area restaurants with new owners, fair food, and more!
00:15 – The show kicks off with Scott talking about Nate Diaz fighting the night of the recording, Jeff reveals the code word of the day, and talks about having fun in the discord. Justin gives a shout-out to the GCP’s dedicated listeners, comic book grading services they’ll offer at Grit City Comic Show, and their plans to have Ken back on the podcast. They make plans for a GCP after party during the event, special guests to have at the party, and Justin shares Mark Monlux’s kick starter for his Atomic Age Alien Series.
18:07 – Justin gives props to Michael J Fox in the Teen Wolf movie, Jeff and Scott share their recent man date at The Valley, and who they saw perform there. They discuss plans to meet with the Peterson brothers to talk about their next adventure, reflect on Rainer Beer commercials from the past, and other upcoming guests they’re going to have on.
35:25 – Justin talks about the recent TikTok celebrity he met, plans to have them on the podcast, and encourages listeners to keep track of what’s happening at their local libraries. He talks about visiting the Tacoma Moon Festival, Jeff talks about partying it up in Tacoma, and enjoying the late night food at Matador. Justin dives into Grit City Grub, talks about two older Tacoma restaurants with new owners, and the soft re-opening of the Pine Cone Café.
53:04 – Justin talks about who took over Spuds Pizza Parlor, what changes people should expect with the restaurant, and why chicken and jojo’s are one of his fave comfort foods. Scott talks about making wonton nachos, they discuss plans to visit the fair to enjoy some fair food, and Justin closes out talking about who they plan to speak with at the Union Club next week.Support The Grit City Podcast
- Atomic Age Alien Series Enamel Pins by Mark Monlux — Kickstarter — This project is a series of enamel pins featuring creatures brought to life from Cold War paranoia.
- Harlis Sweetwater on Facebook
- Walk, Don't Run: The Story of the Ventures - TFF OPENING NIGHT | — We are kicking off the 17th annual Tacoma Film Festival with a special hometown preview of local filmmakers Isaac Olsen and Justin and Rob Peterson's new documentary on Tacoma rock'n'roll royalty, The Ventures!
- CatLuminati on Facebook — Thanks to Tacoma News Tribune for this awesome interview! Read about it here https://www.thenewstribune.com/.../article264866104.html
- Tacoma Moon Festival - Tacoma Moon Festival — Presented by the Chinese Reconciliation Project Foundation (CRPF), the Tacoma Moon Festival is an annual outdoor celebration held in the month of September at the Chinese Reconciliation Park to honor the rich diverse cultures of the Puget Sound region, brought here by our immigrant communities over the 150 years of the city’s history.
- Matador | Tacoma Restaurants | Downtown, Waterfront, Happy Hour — Our downtown Tacoma restaurant and bar is as rich in authenticity as the city it thrives in. Located near the waterfront and minutes from the Tacoma Dome, Matador Tacoma's classic landmark building has been around for a long time — and so have our team members, many of whom have been with us since we opened in 2006!
- The Pine Cone Cafe in UP has new owners who will be familiar to locals - Dine Pierce County — The Pine Cone Cafe in University Place is here to stay.
- Spud's Pizza Parlor - Tacoma | Facebook — Spud's Pizza Parlor & Trophy Room is a South Tacoma icon known for handcrafted pizzas & sandwiches, scratch made spaghetti, spudder chips & world famous salads!