This time, the guys celebrate episode 253, giving thanks to Patrons, listeners, and guests that helped make it happen!!!!
01:43 – Jeff reveals the word of the day, Justin gives props to the supporters that have listened to every episode, and throws a shout-out to the Patrons. Scott talks about the hidden benefits of having Patreon support and Jeff talks about his respect for one of their sponsors, Die Cut Stickers. They reflect on recording back in the day at Malarkey's, Scott talks about having a New Years Eve party there, and being sponsored by Uber back in the day.
19:50 – They shout-out to Brogan's original place, Wizards Keep Games, and his current business, Cosmic Bottles, and encourage listeners to stop by and say hi to him. Justin talks about making the commercial for the Great Washington ShakeOut, shares the history behind The Union Club in Tacoma, and how it's evolved over the years.
39:38 – Justin reflects on their almost astronaut guest, Jeff talks about the extraordinary work The Coffee Oasis does, and Justin talks about discovering THC Sriracha. Scott shares the news that cannabis bases businesses can now work with banks, Justin thanks history friend of the podcast, Steve Dunkelberger, and they talk about plans to have the DC253 guys back on.
59:13 – Justin gives props to real estate friend Byron Pullen, reflects on having Clownvis Presley on the podcast, and talks about the alternative sports teams they've had on. The talk about having the boxer on, Justin talks about his visit to the Lunar Festival, and his love of having his friend Derek on. Jeff mentions guest Streetball Sup and him dropping the announcement while on the episode of getting a hatchet to the neck.Support The Grit City Podcast
- The Great Washington ShakeOut - Get Ready! — This year's International ShakeOut Day is October 20, when millions of people worldwide will participate in earthquake drills at work, school, or home!
- Union Club Tacoma - Union Club Tacoma — The Union Club is a mixed-use project contributing to Tacoma’s growing artistic and entrepreneurial community.
- KenzoFKC – I make stuff. — When not preserving the historic structures of Washington State’s Capitol Campus I make movies, write novels, draw comic books, play guitar, build things with my hands, play D&D, drink booze and contemplate the futility of existence.
- Restoring Community Since 1997 - The Coffee Oasis — The Coffee Oasis is a faith-based non-profit organization that exists to create pathways of opportunity for youth to be restored in heart, soul, mind, and body.
- Buddy Boy Farm
- Steve's Drunk History: Tacoma Edition | Facebook
- Destiny City Comics — Tacoma’s Unapologetically Black & LGBTQ Friendly Comic Shop
- Shroom Brothers