On this special episode, the guys discuss their time at the Grit City Comic Show, recap interviews they were able to catch at the convention that included local author C.M. Kane, local artist Justin Hunt, and Keith from Die Cut Stickers.
01:04 - Justin welcomes listeners to the episode, Scott expresses the great time they had at the convention, and how much the event grew from last year. They talk about their newfound love of freeze-dried candy, how they ended up connecting with the owner, and their favorites of the candy. Justin gives a shout-out to the Patrons who stopped by, author C.M. Kane talks about the type of novels she writes, and talks about the type of fiction she writes.
19:03 – C.M. talks about her love of baseball, the types of characters in her books, and how her stories evolve. Justin Hunt talks about his newest creation, how listeners can support his Kickstarter, and the historical content throughout the book. He talks about what he also has coming up, the backstory of the name, and the creation story behind the demon character.
39:40 – Justin H talks about him and his wife being super interactive with their backers, Justin expresses his love of Kickstarter, and what they love about the Grit City Comic Show. He recommends other local comic shows people should check out, the merch they had for sale, and they chat with Keith from Die Cut Stickers. Keith explains how heat can change the nature of the sticker surface and his transition into social media.
60:17 – Scott talks about what he loves about conventions, Keith talks about the haps at Die Cut Stickers, and they talk about places outside of the US they’d love to visit. The guys share places around the world where GCP stickers have been posted, Keith talks about places they test out the product, and invites the crew to stop by and check out their setup.Support The Grit City Podcast
- Art of Justin Hunt (@artofjustinhunt) • Instagram photos and videos — Comic book artist (Coffin Comics, Codex Entertainment, Big Dog Ink, Marvel, Sourcepoint Comics, Mythos Comics Group, Counterpoint Comics, and more)
- Annabelle: Traversing Deeper Part 2 of 4 by Dark Space Studio — Kickstarter — Continuing the thrilling adventure with Annabelle, Adam, and Luke. And yes, dragons are still very real and not friendly at all.
- Mog Park (@mogpark) • Instagram photos and videos — Freelance traditional artist, illustration, sequential pages, covers, concept design www.facebook.com/Art-de-Mog-Park-105784578567894
- NinjaWitch Book 1: Fire & Shadows by Justin Hunt — Kickstarter — Follow NinjaWitch as she battles the Jaganatti and other evils of the world in this NEW supernatural action-packed adventure!
- CM Kane (@authorcmkane) • Instagram photos and videos
- Amazon.com: CM Kane: books, biography, latest update — Born and raised in the Pacific Northwest, CM Kane was fed a steady diet of sports, particularly baseball. Having this love of the game instilled in her at an early age, she found that nothing was better than getting lost in the game. Storytelling was another gift that was encouraged in her youth, and she’s taking to the written word to explore a new aspect to the game she loves.