This time the guys share the sad news of Skateworld Tacoma's closure, Crypticon, burger battles, concerts, and much more!
00:00 – Justin kicks off this episode discussing the closure of Skateworld Tacoma, how people can get involved with the podcast on Discord, and special episodes Patriots can catch. Justin talks about their plans to hang out at Crypticon, hopes to connect officially with GCP bestie Ken Carlson, and they talk about why they love the smaller conventions like Crypticon.
18:15 – Justin expands on the news of Skateworld Tacoma’s forced closure, they make plans for the movie Skate Wolf to save Skateworld, and the ghost whores above Alfred’s. They talk about Burger Ranch being a franchise, discuss the Reddit debate over Jubilee Burger and Burger Ranch, and Jeff talks about places that can for sure mess up burgers.
36:18 – Scott talks about the bar in Puyallup that used the bar as a front for selling drugs, Justin reads the reviews of both burger places, and what one ended up at the top. The crew shares their favorite burger places, Jeff talks about doing a video shoot with Sir Mix-a-Lot, and reflects on the first time he heard the artist.
53:59 – Scott recalls being on stage in a cage with Korn, Derek talks about bands he met while on various street teams, and Justin shares upcoming plans to watch the rock band Orgy. Derek poses the GCP question, Jeff takes a trip back in time sharing Radiskull & Devil Doll, and the author getting picked up by Shockwave Studios.Support The Grit City Podcast
- Tacoma roller skaters losing a home. | Tacoma News Tribune
- KenzoFKC – I make stuff. — I’m Ken. I’m a dork who likes to make stuff. When not preserving the historic structures of Washington State’s Capitol Campus I make movies, write novels, draw comic books, play guitar, build things with my hands, play D&D, drink booze and contemplate the futility of existence. From the ether of my imagination to the digital or physical world, come take a peek inside my head!
- Skateworld Tacoma | Fircrest WA | Facebook — Skateworld Tacoma Announces Forced Closure Due to Lease Non-Renewal. It is with a heavy heart that Skateworld Tacoma announces the unexpected closure of our current location on or around March 31, 2024. Despite our best efforts to secure a lease renewal, the abrupt decision was made by the landlord not to extend the lease, citing a desire to reclaim the space for the personal business venture of one of the property owners.
- SKATEWORLD - Tacoma, Washington — Despite our best efforts to secure a lease renewal, the decision was made by the landlord not to extend our lease.
- Jubilee Burger VS Burger Ranch - which is best or do they both suck?! 🍔 : r/Tacoma — I always see those two burger joints across the street from each other in Lincoln and I’m wondering whether either is actually any good or whether I’d be better off trying somewhere else?
- BRICKHOUSE — Brickhouse is your place for quality food, local craft beer, music and more...
- First We Feast - YouTube
- Western District of Washington | Puyallup Bar Owner Pleads Guilty to Illegal Drug Distribution | United States Department of Justice — The former owner of Johnny’s Bar and Grill in Puyallup, Washington, pleaded guilty today in U.S. District Court in Tacoma to possession of methamphetamine with intent to distribute, announced U.S. Attorney Brian T. Moran.
- Spanky Burger Brew
- Frugal Burger
- SHOCKWAVE STUDIO®,LLC
- Radiskull & Devil Doll -- Episodes