Friend of the podcast Brandon from Tacompton Files joins the conversation on this episode. They talk about the crazy weather, New Year’s plans, firewood, ninjas, Coaster Questions, and gingerbread houses.
00:23 – Justin reflects on Brogan bricking his machine from torrent downloads in the early 2000s, Brandon from Tacompton files joins the conversation, and Scott talks about enjoying Pickle Backs before recording. Justin shares the drink he’s enjoying, encourages everyone to get a bidet, and Brandon talks about experiencing glitches with his group on Facebook. He discusses alternatives outlet for his group, and Justin talks about a recent event he shared on Tacompton Files Discord.
19:14 – Justin talks about plans for the New Years' party at his house, invites Brandon to join the party, and how it has turned into a casserole party. He talks about how the casserole idea came about, the recent juvenile event at the home bar, and the types of casseroles that will be at the party to enjoy. Justin shares what Funeral Casseroles are, Scott talks about the perks of a Mormon funeral, and Justin shares plans to order pizza from Chi-Town Pizza for the party.
39:41 – Justin discusses recently canceled SeaTac flights due to the predicted weather, Scott shares his love of having a wood fireplace, and Brandon talks about other countries making junk mail into paper briquettes. Scott and Brandon talk about people making their own insta-logs, Brandon talks about the different outdoor people he follows, and Jeff reflects on the ninja magazines back in the 80’s.
58:43 – One of the listeners inquires about gingerbread houses the guys may have made in the past, Justin talks about the most recent gingerbread house he and Michelle made, and winning first prize. He talks about being gracious in their winnings, why he likes hosting parties at his house, and brings back log chat to close out the episode.Support The Grit City Podcast
- Tacompton Files | Facebook — This page was created to share crime info for the Tacoma area.
- Funeral Potatoes Recipe - Tastes Better From Scratch — Funeral potatoes get their unique name from being a crowd-pleasing casserole served as a side dish at after-funeral luncheons.
- Chicago deep dish pizza coming to Tacoma area — Chicago deep dish pizza lovers, prepare yourselves for Chi Town Pizza.
- What Is a ‘Bomb Cyclone’? - The New York Times — These storms aren’t tremendously rare, but this particular one is much more powerful than most.
- Backwoodsman — https://backwoodsmanmag.com/
- Tree to Tree Adventure Park — Aerial Adventure Park in Gaston, OR
- Blue Helix Music
- BLAZERS FUEL LOGS 6 PACKS - Bi-Mart — Blazers Fuel Logs have been produced in our state of the art factory situated on the edge of the Snowdonia National Park for over 20 years.
- Forest Energy 258010099 Blazer Fire Logs - Pack of 3 - Walmart.com — Our products are assured for reliability and durability which has high quality and standard. Our products are designed with the up to date designs and creativity. We always work towards to fulfill the requirements of our end users.
- Home | SPUD'S PIZZA PARLOR — A South Tacoma icon known for handcrafted pizzas & sandwiches, scratch made spaghetti, "Spudder Chips" & world famous salads piled high with cheese. Our Trophy Room lounge is a full service bar. Watch your favorite game & take a trip down memory lane with our memorabilia from many of Spud's sponsored sports teams. Old team photos & trophies are displayed throughout. Book your special event with us!